Thursday, April 15, 2010

Who Would Write the Story of my Life?

by Megan Slone

I would pick my mother to write my story cause she has seen me through almost everything. She also seen it through a different perspective. She would tell about how I was adopted at birth and I grew up as an only child always getting what I want never having to suffer the consequences of my own actions. I never got spanked or grounded or put in time-out. I was however now allowed to spend the night at my friends' or go anywhere till I was 15 but even then it was one sleep-over per weekend and the other night I had to be home by seven. At fifteen I got my first job, got my first car at 15 1/2 (I bought it), then I got my first boyfriend, went to my party, smoked my first boat, showed + on my first pregnancy test and had my first (and only miscarriage). At 16 I got my license and from there I started doing meth daily and stuff went downhill...Then I met my husband at 17. I was pregnant again, stopped doing drugs, had my daughter at 18, got a house, 2 cars, nice job, great daughter, worthless husband. By 19 I lost it all to meth again. Now I am 20 and in prison looking at an A + C felony.

1 comment:

  1. You packed a lifetime of memories, joy and pain into one small paragraph. That is incredible. It only gives a small glimpse of who you are, but a glimpse nonetheless.

    You are still so young and have so much life ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign your message as you would a letter, since we simply cut and paste the messages to send them to the inmates.