Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Vampire

by Isaac Pena

I feel somewhat like a vampire. I am here but it's like nobody knows I exist. I want to tell people I am here but it goes against everything I stand for. I am far from humanity, far from being sane. Where I live it's always dark and always snowing. And I have a cabin where I just stay always. There are lights in my house but I leave them off. The only thing on in my house is a fire I sit in front of watching, always watching. Sometimes I'm not even looking at the fire but the reflection in my eyes would make it seem like I was. A fire still burning, flames still raging.

1 comment:

  1. Isaac,

    It sounds like you want to be known but you also feel the need to hide from the world. This is a very poignant way of describing that feeling. Your writing makes me think about myself and about what might be motivating people in a new way. Thank you for letting me know that you exist.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign your message as you would a letter, since we simply cut and paste the messages to send them to the inmates.