Friday, April 23, 2010

Still I Stand

by Isaac Pena

Here I stand on the highest peak of the tallest mountain. Watching balls of fire fall from the sky and plummet to the earth's surface with extreme force. And I just stand here continue on getting pelted by balls of fire, and although it burns me skin, although the pain is excruciating I stand here still watching, still waiting for the fire balls to stop. But until it does I am still gonna stand here in pain and wait for the fire to stop. I'll still be here waiting for my moment of triumph.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea that you are waiting for the fire to stop and not running from it. And that you have faith (it seems) that it *will* stop eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign your message as you would a letter, since we simply cut and paste the messages to send them to the inmates.