Thursday, June 3, 2010

Imaginary Trip

by Jasmin Kern

I went to work today. A guy came up to me and asked, do you want to come on a trip? What kind of trip? We need a girl to help us in the circus for a year. I would love to help you but I can't cause my girls need me. Sorry.

I got home that night, made dinner for the girls. Waiting for my boyfriend to come home to tell him what happened at work. I got the table ready, he walked in the door. We sat down at the table. I looked at him and said, guess what? What? A guy asked me if I wanted to be in a circus for a year. Oh yeah? What did you say? I said no cause of the girls.

I just got back in their life. If I leave now it would mess them up. The whole reason I just got back into their life is cause of a drug addiction. I can't leave them. I have been gone for one year as it is. That is a good reason babe! I'm glad you thought it out before you said anything.

So I didn't go to the circus for the year. I stayed at my job I had at Wal-Mart. Took my girls to daycare. Everyday I went to work. The day I had off we went to the park or on a walk. And now I'm the mother that God wants me to be!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I really enjoyed this story. I felt like I could hear your voices when you and your boyfriend were speaking. I liked the idea of being invited to join the circus and turning it down for your girls and the simple things you want to keep in your life. I admire your positive imagination; it is a powerful force for reaching your goals.

    Best,
    Anna Wold
    Red Deer, Alberta, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story, Jasmin. I am proud of you for your decision to stay with your children. I can imagine that it would be tempting to go with the circus, and here you did the right thing, and stayed with your children. Way to go!

    Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Please sign your message as you would a letter, since we simply cut and paste the messages to send them to the inmates.