Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Psalm

by Deanna Thompson

Memories flood my mind
like a river of fire
The pain and suffering
Clouds my thoughts
Unable to forgive and forget
I sit lonely by myself watching
Watching each person slowly pass by
I beg to be able to soon forgive
The one I love so dearly in my heart
No visits, no mail, no money
It seems as if he does not care
Allow me the strength to soon forgive
Please allow my head and my heart
to be wiped clean of the pain and misery
It is slowly eating me
from the inside out

2 comments:

  1. I've felt this too. Thank you for sharing your words. I hope that you find the strength you need within yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna,

    I think one of the hardest betrayals to release is being abandoned by a person you love, seeing that the love isn't being returned to you. This is so painful in so many ways. You aren't alone in having these feelings, and you aren't alone in having a hard time forgiving this betrayal. Please don't be hard on yourself—it's okay to grieve and feel anger over something like this.

    Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign your message as you would a letter, since we simply cut and paste the messages to send them to the inmates.