Friday, March 26, 2010

Psalm

by Cynthia Funderburk

My hate is cutting me off
From the sunlight of the Spirit
I'm consumed by my Heavy Heart
I'm begging God to help me Love.

My heart longs to be free
But the chains of unforgiveness
Weigh me down
Pulling at me
Like quicksand.

I look in my Dad's eyes,
He doesn't know who I am.
He doesn't know what he has done.

I come back to my cell and
drop to my knees.
I'm begging you Lord
Let me turn this over to you.

I'm blinded by my tears
But they're not just for the
Hurt he inflicted. I cry
because I remember loving
Him too. I start to remember
some good times too. I cry
because God has shown
himself to me again.

Forgiveness brings my God to me.

He forgives me too.
God is love, there's
no room for resentment
when you walk in the
Light.

The chains are off me
My yolk is lightened
Even though I'll never hear
"I'm sorry"
My heart is no longer hardened

Forgiveness makes this no longer
Something that will
Bind me to this world.

I have placed my
Hope in the Lord.
With him all things are possible.

Praise the Lord...Amen.

1 comment:

  1. i'm humbled reading this psalm! beautiful words; difficult words.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign your message as you would a letter, since we simply cut and paste the messages to send them to the inmates.