Thursday, April 21, 2011

Summer Jaynes, who is now serving a prison sentence in a medium-security prison, wrote me a letter recently. She's struggling. She's been away from her three children for a few years now. And prison is a rough context. She asked me to listen to Eminem's song, "Beautiful." She says, "Try to listen to it please. Tell me what you think. I feel just like that song all the time." I wanted to share the song and her words with all of you. I recommend just listening to the song, not watching the video, because the video slants the song to be about the city of Detroit, but Summer is clearly hearing other things in the song.

p.s. If you want to write Summer a note, just leave a comment (or email me) and I'll get it to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your message as you would a letter, since we simply cut and paste the messages to send them to the inmates.